Monday, November 21, 2011

Writing Is Righting

Song:"Fix It" by Ryan Adams and the Cardinals

Feeling: Slightly tipsy, almost amused, and downright depressed

I know. That's what I get for drinking ginger ale four days in a row. I'm such a sinner. But I've never been one to turn down drinks so what can I do?
But seriously. I do attribute my recent moods to the food around me. I eat eggo waffles or cereal for breakfast and three hours later I'm at Chuck-A-Rama or Subway, and then I have a milkshake, a banana, and maybe chips later. I could blame my grandparents, seeing as they're the ones paying for everything, but maybe I shouldn't.




The reason I'm almost amused is because I'm right at work writing my novel! I've written almost a thousand words in the last hour which is actually incredibly sad. I'm usually a lot farther along. This is difficult.
Here's a short piece I just wrote:

“How are you feeling? Did you get some rest? You didn’t… stay out long,” she adds softly. “Hungry?”
People ask so many questions like they deserve every answer but that’s never made sense to me. Of course, who is to decide who deserves what? I glance at the ceiling but there’s not an answer to be heard nor found. Trying to quell my disappointment, I glance around and wrap my arms against my own skin in a tight hug of protection. “N-not.”



Sometimes when I write, I really enjoy it. I even laugh now and then. For now and then, a word or two is poetic and other times it just turns out really funny. To me, anyways. I wouldn't know what others would see because no one has seen all of what I have so far, to be honest. A piece here and there for a few, but um... yeah. It hasn't been shown.

Now for the depressing bit.

My favorite band is The Maine. Their new album [I already preordered, obviously] comes out in FIFTEEN DAYS. 12/6/11 cannot come soon enough, that's what.
Anyways, the new album is titled "Pioneer"
And for it, they just started a TOUR going the rest of the year.

Short, I know. But so perfect. They're playing from every album, including every song from the new album. I've seen the track listing but they're trying not to share all the songs just yet. These wonderful amazing guys have gone out of their way to do all that they can- they've helped pay for fans to drive there, for tickets, and for rides home just alone- and for "Pioneer", they self-produced and paied for everything. Are these boys rich? No, not really. But they wanted to do that for themselves, and for their fans.


Tomorrow night, they'll be playing close to my home. As in California. As in, where I am currently way too far away. I still don't think you can understand my frustration.
Which is why tomorrow I will most likely go crazy and during that lonely time where people are watching them, I'll be on here, telling everything you should know about these wonderful, adorable, and talented boys.

So... yeah. It's going to be pretty sad tomorrow. Especially because my grandparents are tired about and always in bed by 6 PM.



ENJOY LIFE IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU'RE GETTING

No comments:

Post a Comment