Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The General

Sound: Toaster oven ticking for my breakfast at seven a.m. because my roommate snores so loudly

As you know, I get to work on The Seas attraction! I work with guests inside and outside all day long, from 30-50 hours a week, every week. I’ve been here just over a month now [say what?!] and I’d like to offer you the basics of what you should know for amusement parks:

-Be Aware. We tell you things for safety reasons, and we point as well. Look around and listen, because we don’t like seeing you trip. Because we’re the ones watching everyone so we definitely saw that.

-Safety is one of our top priorities.
It’s so important that if we have to yell, we will yell. But it’s like your parents- we’re doing it to protect you.

-Yes, we know you paid a lot of money to come here. But everyone wearing those nametags are human just as much as you are, and we have feelings. And we’re not transparent so when you walk into us, we really are there. If you have a problem or want to compliment us even, you can go to guest relations and fill out a card of where we work and our names and that will eventually reach us.
It’s kind of silly, I know. But there we have it, folks.


^Picture of puppy because IT IS CUTE OKAY?

So Valentine’s Day came around as usual, and I really honestly did mean to do a post on that. It was a wonderful day after all. Last year, I dyed my hair black. This year, I slept in, shopped a little, splurged at the Ghiradelli chocolate shop, and then saw ‘The Magic, The Memories, And You’ which was a night time show at the Magic Kingdom. They bring up pictures every day of guests and display it on the castle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYIoUVc_cuw&feature=youtube

^Link to video because I obviously couldn't figure how to properly post it. Watch it.

I know, it’s long. But it’s super adorable and worth it!
Oh and I was going to ask Peter Pan to be mine Valentine but he must have stayed in Neverland for the day and I was only in Downtown Disney for a while so I asked Buzz Lightyear. He said yes!





OH and I guess I forgot as well: the day before was spent at… [drum roll] UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!
And Islands of Adventure.
Harry Potter land!!!!!


^Yaya! I even made a friend on the bus there and hung out there again. I haven't seen Megan since but it's only been a week. I'm sure she'll show up again somewhere... But it was a blast! I'm restraining myself from not posting every picture.
However since I did go, I haven't been able to use either mug I got [a butterbeer "honeydukes" one and a Marvel decorated with some superheroes], but I do keep my Minion close by and he's the one with two eyes and open laughing smile... Remember that first movie trailer for Despicable Me and he has the cow-can? Yeah, Him. I keep him in bed and so he's the first thing I see. Think of that laugh. Smiling yet? Well, now that's how I wake up. Yay!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiayV5LuD0
^ Here's the link if you can't remember it. Or if you just want to watch it again. Like I did.

Anything else?
Well... I do need that pick-me-up upon waking. My roommate hasn't really talked to me in a week. I tried asking her what the issue is but she wouldn't even look at me. Then she has two of our other roommates starting on that.

If you know me at all, you'll know that in some ways I'm stubborn. And lazy. So it goes against my nature to pack up and move somewhere towards some more strangers. Even though the person who shares my bedroom snores so much I wear earplugs so often my ears still hurt.
-Hoping to sort this out in a week or so, I could use some prayers?

Working at Epcot seems to have stolen over my life and I was aware that this happens often- so though I know it's happening, I don't feel like there's too much I can even do about it? I have to think about the bus schedule, having food while I'm there, and then I have to shower constantly and eat [I'm hungry all the time], and I always have to run to Walgreens for stupid things like band-aids, rubbing alcohol, allergies...

OH OH OH OH

I went to movie night at some guys' place in my YSA ward, and we talked how I had been feeling ill over the weekend and a coworker mentioned it was most likely allergies even though I've never had that as a problem in my life before. Anyways, he said that's my "official welcome to Florida" really. It totally sucks, but I haven't had a problem for the last few days so I'm glad it's not that bad.

Can't think of too much else?
NO WAIT

I was working at strollers the other day and this little boy, I believe his name was David, came around and I helped him with his stroller [he was four], and his mom explained pin trading and we talked about our pins we both had on our lanyards. He came around twice and in the end he gave me a hug.
A hug!! I nearly squealed but that would scare people.

Anyways, it was so much more nice than to have children crying about not talking to Crush or people getting mad at me about something out of my control. But hey, what can I do? Definitely trying my best!


Happy Mardi Gras!
[so many people dressed up for that today it was so crazy!!]
Sometimes I don't know what to post, but thank you for reading and if you ever have any questions, I'll try and find you answers? LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment