Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Catching Something

Sound: 'The Dark Crystal' movie

Hey, Hey, Hey! It's been a while!

What have I missed? A lot! I can't even keep track now.

Probably the main history to catch up on would be the family fun! I begged a coworker for a ride to their hotel last Monday night to see them into the place, arriving just a few minutes before them. I was tired, having decided to wear contacts [I need to stop because they just stress me out and my eyes have become more sensitive or something], and still in my work pants which my sisters had fun mocking.

The next day, TUESDAY I had off to be with them, seeing them again early in the morning [earlier for them because of the time change, haha] at EPCOT. (Which, by the way, stands for "Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow") The line was pretty long but we got in at about 10AM. We nabbed a few pictures of the globe and headed in. We hit up Future World, grabbing a few fast passes and such for fun. I ended up leaving them a little after noon to get to my Leadership class, which took us around the Magic Kingdom that day.

Which was fun. Personally, it really had nothing to do with Leadership, this "storytelling" segment, but I loved it all the same. We learned some about Liberty Square and a few tecniques used around Main Street which was pretty awesome. But it was really hot out, ugh. (Luckily I never got burned!) I returned and we headed around the World Showcase.

We had a little too much fun in there and spent the evening there. We ate the Chinese place, and grabbed a snack or too in Norway. Lots of pictures were taken and we got to goof around a little and went a little crazy shopping in Japan.

To WEDNESDAY! I had to work that day, so the family came to Epcot so I could get them in, and then they were headed over to the Magic Kingdom. That is the most crowded of the parks at all times and the hours sort of bite, which is pretty sad for the cast members working there.
                    --It's smaller than Disneyland with fewer rides and all, so they came back to Epcot for the night, to get pastries in France and they got to see me at work! That was pretty neat :)

THURSDAY was Hollywood Studios! Definitely fun! Lots of pictures of course. I brought an Arizona- Watermelon and that got carried around for a while before we actually drank it. Anyways, we first planned out the shows we would see- because that's a big part of the park and there's a few that only play a few times. So we planned that out and went to Rockin Rollercoaster which became a new family favorite!

We hit up Tower of Terror- ridiculous lines compared to Disneyland, haha- and then onto Beauty and the Beast on stage. Gaston is definitely the best part of the play, I'm afraid to say. They stretch out every word of Bell's and it's a little annoying. And they could probably do something new with the Beast's costume and so on. Just thoughts. But the dancing was great!
They loved Indiana Jones Stunt Show. And the Lights, Motors, Action too!
Never got a chance on Toy Story Mania- fast passes out by noon and the line was never shorter than 80 minutes.

It was pretty fun, though! My feet were killing me never having too much to rest, but still fun. I bought a poster I'll show soon as well as a mug [I love mugs! I'm starting a wonderful collection seeing as I've bought about five since I've been here], of Walt and Mickey on Main St.

FRIDAY I had to work, but they came to Epcot and then headed over to the Animal Kingdom. A favorite was The Lion King, A Celebration Of Life which was pretty neat but my favorite was Finding Nemo the Musical. All the same, my family had fun on Expedition Everest and more!
My dad had lovingly given me money for lunch so I went to Sunshine Seasons for a rueben panini I'd never had before, which was pretty tasty!

However they did come back for the evening, because I was off at ten, and they got to see me do a show [thanks to my lovely manager, Marta, she let me get into theatre a bit early], and then explored some more. After I got off, I met with them for Mission: Space again and I got an eclair filled with chocolate. YUM!
We tried to hit up Japan again but apparently it closed early so we went to Germany to get a few more goodies!

SATURDAY I had off and everyone was tired. None of my family has to be on their feet all day or anything and four days is a lot. As for me, I usually have a few days off to recover and my time off all week had been spent with them. So when I got to the Animal Kingdom to see them, I was exhausted.
I didn't even stay there, because my family wanted to buy some things all over. There was so much confusion with the buses as well. We got to Downtown Disney eventually, hit a few shops before finding everything we needed. Then finally onto Epcot [tried to Hollywood Studios but that didn't work just yet] and that's where it got fun.

I was getting lunch in Mexico with my sisters and mom when it started to pour like crazy. A lot harder than it usually hits- and a little bit chillier! We were finishing up and eventually decided to try and go. We were at the doors to leave the inside space and the water was coming through the doors and it was just insane!

We ran anyways.

I was soaked in seconds. Wearing flat sandals, I decided it would be best to take them off as to not slip or anything and continued running. Once wet, it was pretty fine and I didn't really care. I waded through a lot of water, anyways.

It only got chilly once I got inside Japan where the boys were. I put my shoes back on and the laughing stopped because I was busy rinsing out the water from my shirt. We grabbed a few more things and then headed off.  Jenessa and mom went to get funnel cakes and then I ended up dragging the others around to find cheaper hot cocoa out of the world showcase and over at the Electric Umbrella.

It was there, I received a "magical moment" which was pretty sweet though admittedly strange because I feel I should be giving them now that I work with Disney. The kind man was either a manager or surveyor, I wasn't too sure. But he came around where I was huddling with my hot cocoa in my hands by the family and he said he'd received a call from his boss to give something to the cutest girl he saw of the day and he told me he'd seen me first and gave me a little medal Mickey pin!

Too cute. Definitely keeping that and I have been slowly starting my own pin collection. The main part slowing me down is obviously that I'm never really going to do anything with my pins... I just love them! Is that enough?

ANYWAYS. We went back to France and took a ferry over to Hollywood studios for a last family picture and to buy a few last things. Everyone got sweatshirts [except me because I couldn't decide but I was allowed to wear Jakob's new one for a while since I was shivering], and they had gotten all of the desired souvenirs.
It got warm enough soon to get some ice cream and then- since everyone was exhausted and Jenessa was really cranky, they were going to head out back to the hotel. And I was completely exhausted still so I wasn't going to exactly complain.
We hugged, said our goodbyes, and parted ways. I was still at the bus stop when I saw them on the bus leaving.

I'm assuming they're all safe now. No, I'm kidding, I know y'all are good.

Anyways, today is my day off and I'm just going to sit around because I haven't been able to do just that for a while! Tomorrow I'll probably go see the Hunger Games by myself or something. I'll make pancakes in a little and start on a Supernatural spree.

All is well! Hopefully I'll have something more creative to talk about next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment